Online Certified Professional for Requirements Engineering (CPRE)
Flexible course access. Any time, from any web browser
Certified Professional for Requirements Engineering Course Summary
Our on-demand CPRE course will prepare you to take and pass the CPRE exam. Joining this elite group (over 6,000 certified worldwide) will improve your professional skills and further your career! Access course tutorials without limitation, from any computer, with any web browser. Our CPRE”+” training program covers all aspects of the latest CPRE Syllabus (established by the International Requirements Engineering Board) plus additional tips and techniques not covered by the certification exam. Includes a reference text (Requirements Engineering Fundamentals), course access, quizzes for each lesson, and exercises designed to provide practical experience.
NOTICE: Our eLearning products have been reviewed by a panel of industry experts to ensure a high level of quality and suitability. We recommend you review the samples we provide to determine the appropriateness of these products in relation to your level of knowledge and needs. We believe you will be fully satisfied, but due to the nature of the product all purchases of eLearning products are nonreturnable and nonrefundable.
View an introduction to the course and understand the overall structure of tutorials, quizzes, and exercises. Please contact us for a course demo.
What you will get from this course
- Interactive lessons, available on-demand.
- Course modules are designed for busy professionals – they average approximately 30 minutes each. Complete the entire curriculum in order or re-visit segments as often as you like.
- Practice quizzes after each lesson.
- Practice questions are designed to reinforce your learning and test your understanding of the material covered in each lesson.
- Requirements Engineering Fundamentals text written by two of the originators of this certification.
- Explanations of each possible response to each question are included at the end of each quiz.
- Exercises designed to provide practical experience with the material covered. These exercises ensure active rather than passive engagement with the course material.
- Total Course Time Commitment will average 18 to 20 hours for most learners.
More Course Details
90 day course access
Requirements engineers, business analysts, project managers, testers and others directly concerned with determining, validating, and managing requirements.
Gary Gack, is the founder and President of Process-Fusion.net, a provider of Assessments, Strategy advice, Training, and Coaching relating to integration and deployment of software and IT best practices. Mr. Gack holds an MBA from the Wharton School, is a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt and an ASQ Certified Software Quality Engineer. He has more than 40 years of diverse experience, including more than 20 years focused on process improvement. He is the author of many articles and a book entitled Managing the Black Hole: The Executive’s Guide to Software Project Risk.
“This training fills a huge gap in addressing the requirements needs of developers and testers.” - Steve N.
“This course is very beneficial in completing the CPRE certification!” – Kathy B.
“My thanks to Gary for putting together a very good, solid self-paced course for this topic. It has helped build my knowledge and I can't wait to apply this to my work.” – Stan T.
- Welcome (Course Orientation)
- Introduction and Foundations
- System and Context Boundaries
- Requirements Elicitation
- Elicitation Techniques
- Requirements Documentation Structures and Quality
- Documenting Requirements with Natural Language
- Documenting Requirements Using Models
- Data Models
- Functional Models
- Behavioral Models
- Requirements Validation
- Requirements Negotiation
- Requirements Management
- Requirements Tool support
CPRE01 – CPRE+ 3 month single user license $799
CPRE02 – CPRE+ 2-5 individual 3 month licenses @ $699
CPRE06 – CPRE+ 6-19 individual 3 month licenses @ $499
CPRE20 – CPRE+ 20 or more individual 3 month licenses @ $299