Thank you for your interest in PMI Agile Practitioner Certification Exam Prep Training Course.
Who is teaching this class?
Kevin Thompson, Ph.D., has a doctorate in Physics from Princeton University, and extensive background in managing software development projects. He specializes in training individuals, teams, and organizations in agile development. Dr. Thompson helps companies make the challenging transition to agile development by working with development teams and business stakeholders to identify their needs, define the right process for the business, determine the steps needed to implement the process, and work through the steps successfully.
Dr. Thompson has Project Management Professional (PMP), PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI ACP)SM, Scrum Master (CSM), and Scrum Practitioner (CSP) certifications.
Experience - Project Management: 8 yrs. | Doing Agile: 5 yrs. | Training Agile: 3yrs.
Companies trained - StarCite, Zuora, Visa, Fox Broadcasting, Macys.com, Sony, NBCU, Oracle, Liberty University, SunPower, Synermed, Intuit, Cisco, iSirona, Dun & Bradstreet, Genentech, Old Republic Home Protection, SugarSync, OpenTV, Sunrise Telecom
Companies worked at previously - NASA, IBM, Macrovision, StarCite, Zuora
Prior jobs - Researcher in Space Sciences, Software Engineer, Project Manager, ScrumMaster, PMO Manager, Agile Consultant and Trainer, Manager of Agile Practice Group
When is this training taking place?
This class is scheduled to run over the following day(s):
Wednesday, July 11, 2012 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Thursday, July 12, 2012 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Friday, July 13, 2012 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM
All times are based on the following time-zone: Pacific Daylight Time
Is this class confirmed to run?
This class is not yet confirmed but it will most likely run. Your registration may help us confirm this class.
Where is this training taking place?
This training location offers the following features:
- ADA Compliant
What is the price for this training?
This training is priced at $ 1750.00 USD per participant.
We accept payments by credit card - VISA, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover Card.
Who is providing this training?
This class is delivered by cPrime.
How is this training usually structured?
Typically we divide the training days into four sessions. Two sessions before lunch, and two sessions after lunch. Between any two sessions, we take a break. Short 15-minute breaks in the morning and the afternoon, and usually an hour-long lunch-break.
Attendees are encouraged to arrive at least 20 minutes early on the first day of the class and 15 minutes early for the remainder of the training.
What is provided for this training?
For this training, cPrime provides:
- A take-home copy of the training materials.
- Refreshments. This usually includes coffee, tea, juices, soft drinks, and water to keep you hydrated.
- Snacks. This varies and can include fruit, vegetables, chips, or pastries.
- Food. A selection of food to choose from will be provided at lunch time. This usually includes burgers, sandwiches, wraps, salads, pizzas, etc.
What am I responsible for?
You are responsible for:
- Transportation to and from the classroom
- Arriving to class on time (including from the breaks)
- Meeting the class prerequisites. See the course page for more info.
What is the maximum class size?
This class allows up to 10 participants.
In general, we strive to have an optimal class size, such that:
- Instructor(s) can provide adequate attention to participants' questions and concerns as well as assist with the lab-work.
- There are enough participants in the class to create an engaging group-dynamic, which facilitates learning.