How Moving to AWS Enhances Security for Your Entire OperationThere’s a good reason why so many large organizations have moved their operations to the Amazon Web Service (AWS) cloud platform. In fact, there are several good reasons. But, at a point in the history of business that’s in many ways defined by the battle between progress and privacy, perhaps the most important benefit AWS offers organizations is a top-notch security framework.
What does AWS offer for security?AWS Cloud Security is a robust solution including cutting edge technology and well-managed processes designed to ensure even their most demanding customers’ data remains secure. But, importantly, the security framework is modular and scalable — like the rest of the AWS cloud services offering — so that you’re not forced to pay for layers of security you simply don’t need. The security offering includes:
- Network firewalls built into virtual private cloud (VPC)
- Application firewalls to cover your virtual private network (VPN)
- TLS encryption-in-transit
- Single tenancy
- DDoS mitigation
- Encryption key management
- Server-side encryption (SSE)
- Dedicated, hardware-based cryptographic key storage
- Inventory and configuration tools
- Monitoring and logging solutions
- Identity and access control tools
- Controls around penetration testing
- Professional support and services to fill the gaps where in-house resources fall short
Why should this matter to your organization?The level of security investment and expertise AWS offers is well beyond what’s practical or even possible for most organizations to put together on their own. Here are just a few benefits your company can derive from the AWS Cloud Security offering:
- By entrusting your company’s information to highly secure AWS data centers, you can enjoy the most advanced digital security available without incurring the cost or headache of managing your own facility.
- The AWS service is scalable on every front, so if and when your security needs evolve, you can be confident you won’t “outgrow” AWS and need to seek out another provider.
- AWS manages dozens of compliance programs in its infrastructure, so aspects of your compliance requirements will be met at no additional cost to you.
- AWS is used by tens of thousands of customers including leading financial institutions and government agencies, so you can rest easy knowing your data is safe.