Los Angeles/ Pasadena CAcPrime, an ALTEN Group Company, is a US-based, full service consultancy that helps companies deliver the extraordinary through consulting, managed services and custom solutions for thousands of software teams, including more than half of the Fortune 100. We help organizations build Technology with greater speed and quality with a sustainable workforce.
Founded in 2003, cPrime has ranked on the Inc. 500|5000 seven years in a row and we’ve been listed multiple times as one of the Best Companies to Work for by employees. We are an upbeat, creative, fun and diverse group of great people that focus on exemplifying the cPrime core values to help clients and customers succeed. Our energetic and social Accounting and Finance team operates in a collaborative team space in the heart of downtown Pasadena, CA. Our team rocks!
Our cPrime team is looking for an adaptable, hands-on Accounting Manager to lead our accounting operations team. You will have the opportunity to share your experience to help grow our smart, eager and ready to learn accounting staff. You believe in taking ownership and getting things done right. You are able to manage chaos, create a sense of order, and willing to dive into detailed accounting issues while juggling with ever-changing priorities and demanding deadlines. You will get to partner with our Controller to build out accounting controls, develop process and system improvements, and develop consolidated reporting. As cPrime grows with acquisitions and opening new locations, you will get to help us grow!
You are looking for the opportunity to:
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department including Billing, A/R, A/P, and GL
- Mentor, coach, and develop the accounting team
- Work closely with key business partners, as well as identify areas for improvement and partner-specific solutions
- Monitor and analyze accounting data and produce financial reports or statements
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles
- Work closely with practice leaders to generate, record, reconcile, and maintain accrual balances and monthly budget versus actual analysis
- Help lead accounting projects, including the design and implementation of key finance systems, internal controls, monthly close efficiency, audit readiness, and management reporting
- Assist in the preparation of budgets or forecasts
- Participate in preparation for the annual audit
- Help in development of reports for management or regulatory bodies
- Managing and participating in month-end and year-end close process
- Preparing financial statements and schedules in preparation for audit
- Preparing monthly flux analysis
- Managing and complying with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Supporting and developing policies and procedures, identifying new or changes to controls and process improvements.
- Developing and documenting business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Reviewing the company’s accounting information to identify and resolve inaccuracies or imbalances
- Monitoring and analyze accounting data and produce financial reports or statements
- Improving accounting and system processes to drive efficiency and effectiveness across corporate accounting and GL activities
- Utilizing accounting IT system to facilitate processes and maintain records
- Having a solid knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and IFRS and financial processes (financial closure, reporting etc.)
- Understanding data analysis and forecasting
- Manipulating large amounts of data
- Assigning projects and direct staff to ensure compliance and accuracy
- Having strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- MS Office (especially Excel)
- Have experience leading accounting or audit teams
- Have a Professional certification (e.g. CPA or Masters)
- Have Public company audit experience (Regional or Big 4)
- Have a blend of public company audit and private industry experience
- Have accounting experience with management consulting, real estate/construction, or billable services industries
- Work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Are well-organized with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Have very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Can pick up things quickly and can easily adapt
- Have advanced computer skills; i.e. Excel Macro program, pivot tables, etc.
- Accounting skill – percentage of completion, deferred revenues
- Know SOX compliance
- A great deal of insight into all aspects of a fast growing business
- A fun, open, family environment
- You will never be bored
- Opportunity to craft and grow your career with a dynamic company
If you think you’ll be a fit for this role and are a humble hard-worker with a “if I don’t know it, I’ll figure it out attitude”, please apply at [email protected]!