Senior DevOps Engineering Consultant
cPrime, an ALTEN Group Company, is a US-based, management consulting firm that helps companies deliver the extraordinary through consulting, managed services and custom solutions for thousands of software teams, including more than half of the Fortune 100. We help organizations build Technology with greater speed and quality with a sustainable workforce.
Founded in 2003, cPrime has ranked on the Inc. 500|5000 seven years in a row and we’ve been listed multiple times as one of the Best Companies to Work for by employees. We are a proud, upbeat, creative, and diverse group of great people that focus on exemplifying the cPrime core values to help clients and customers succeed. cPrime is committed to helping our clients to help their development and engineering teams collaborate more effectively and efficiently, and best utilize their products and tools, from assessment and design, to configuration, and all the way to enterprise scaling. Our team is made up of Developers, Engineers and Agile certified experts who have combined technical and functional expertise and who can bridge both process and tools to build technology solutions. We are committed to growing and developing our talented people through learning opportunities, growth opportunities, and diverse projects.
We are looking for a high energy, tech-savvy Senior DevOps Engineer who will help our clients implement best of breed solutions that drive automation and efficiency. This position will report to the Vice President of DevOps and work with other engineers on the team to help define industry standard solutions and architecture, assist the team with solving new problems and technical roadblocks, and generally help us expand our practice.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer you will be responsible for the following:• Working directly with clients, onsite and remotely, to help implement DevOps projects and assist the client in identifying future work that should be done
• Work within our practice to understand and help deliver on development and deployment standards, the creation of highly scalable processes, and the implementation of workable solutions
• Meet with clients to understand and develop engagement requirements
• Work with our architects on solution design
• Understand and help develop the primary areas of focus within our DevOps group including CI, CD, Infrastructure Automation, Automated Testing, DevSecOps, and Monitoring
• Utilize an understanding of Agile management and help pair that methodology with DevOps practices to instill an optimal SDLC
Position Requirements:• Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or equivalent, with more than 7 years of experience
• 3-5 years’ experience in CI, CD, IaaS, Testing, and Monitoring
• Solid functional understanding of Bitbucket, also good to know Github, Gitlabs, SVN, Perforce
• Detailed knowledge of Jenkins, bonus points for Bamboo, TFS, and TeamCity
• Experience with containers and Docker/Kubernetes
• Strong background in configuration management tools, especially Ansible
• Experience with Active Streaming XML (ASX)
• Familiarity with Nexus and artifact management
• The more knowledge of AWS, Azure, and OpenStack, the better!
• Passion for monitoring practices, knowing the appropriate KPIs, and historical work with tools like Splunk
• Well versed in the Atlassian stack including JIRA and Confluence
• Able to analyze and review current environments to determine potential areas of improvement
• Ability to work independently with minimal guidance in a fast-paced environment
• Willingness to travel for client work
• Ability to enjoy what you do and a true love of coding to solve challenging problems
• Demonstrate excellent communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
• Strong work ethic with good time management and the ability to work with diverse teams
• Travel Requirement: Must have willingness and ability to travel domestically approximately up to 30% of the time to meet client needs. (Telecommuting/ working remote can be an option the rest of the time.)
Culture:More than just great engineers, we want to hire great people. We move fast, work hard, and play hard too so we want you to know our expectations up front:
• Smart, quick learner – we lead our industry and want to keep pushing
• Gets things done – efficient and organized
• We’re a team – so everybody does the dishes, no lone rangers here
• Excited to work on projects with lots of unknowns and devise elegant and maintainable solutions
• Enjoy the occasional night out and office banter
Nice to have:
Experience in consulting and solution-based professional services
About UscPrime is a leader in Agile / Scrum transformation services, a large Agile training company in the United States, an Atlassian Platinum Solution/Enterprise Partner + Atlassian Verified Vendor, a Gold SAFe Partner and a well established DevOps solution provider. cPrime is a part of the ALTEN Group, the €1.2 Billion European leader in Technology Consulting and Engineering. According to Inc 500, cPrime is ranked as one of the top 500 fastest growing companies in America, ranking 4th for fastest growing companies in Silicon Valley and 6th for the S.F. Bay Area.
We operate in multiple locations across the US including the San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, St. Louis, Philadelphia, and Boston.