West Region / United States
cPrime, an ALTEN Group Company, is a US-based, full service consultancy that helps companies deliver the extraordinary through consulting, managed services and custom solutions for thousands of software teams, including more than half of the Fortune 100. We help organizations build Technology with greater speed and quality with a sustainable workforce. Founded in 2003, cPrime has ranked on the Inc. 500|5000 seven years in a row and we’ve been listed multiple times as one of the Best Companies to Work for by employees. We are a proud, upbeat, creative, and diverse group of great people that focus on exemplifying the cPrime core values to help clients and customers succeed. As the largest Atlassian Platinum Solution Partner, cPrime is committed to helping our clients to best utilize their Atlassian products and tools, from assessment and design, to configuration, and all the way to enterprise scaling. Our team is made up of Atlassian and Agile certified experts who have combined technical and functional expertise and who can bridge both process and tools to build technology solutions. We are committed to growing and developing our talented people through learning opportunities, growth opportunities, and diverse projects.
Role and Responsibilities:We are looking for a high energy, experienced, tech-savvy AWS/Atlassian Engineer who will help support the team that manages our clients’ application hosting and support accounts. This position will report to the Director of Managed Services and work with a team of engineers and support staff to build out scalable and supportable solutions for our clients, help build out and assist the team with solving new problems and technical roadblocks, follow proper governance and procedures, and generally help us expand our practice.
As an AWS/Atlassian Engineer you will be responsible for the following:\
- Understand and help develop the two primary areas of focus within our Managed Services offering; application hosting on AWS and support of clients’ applications through our own support tea
- Working directly with clients to facilitate requests, address issues, speak to best practices, and implement changes to applications and infrastructure as needed
- Operating within a team working towards a set of KPIs and deliverables that ensure our clients are well supported and the solutions we sell are the best that they can be
- Work within our practice to standardize best practices, create highly scalable processes, and document detailed specifications
- Collaborate with solution architects on design and implementation of application system architectures
- Hands-on execution of Atlassian application migration projects to the cloud
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or equivalent, with more than 4 years of experience
- 2-3 years’ experience in managed hosting and/or application support
- Well versed in the Atlassian stack including JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, HipChat, Bamboo
- Proficient in functional, application, and infrastructure administration of Atlassian installations
- Solid functional understanding of AWS and hands-on experience working with EC2, RDS, EBS, S3, etc.
- AWS certification a big plus!
- Passion for monitoring and experience with tools like Splunk, New Relic, and CloudWatch
- History of managing a Support or Helpdesk is a big plus
- Familiarity with regulatory compliance such as SOC, PCI, HIPPA, etc. is a plus
- Familiarity and understanding of configuration management tools like Ansible or CloudFormation
- The more knowledge of load and performance testing the better!
- Database abilities with RDS, MSSQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL and NoSQL a plus
- Able to analyze and review current environments to determine potential areas of improvement
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to enjoy what you do and a true love of technology to solve challenging problems
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Strong work ethic with good time management and the ability to work with diverse teams
- Travel Requirement: Must have willingness and ability to travel domestically approximately up to 10% of the time to meet client needs. (Telecommuting/ working remote can be an option the rest of the time.)
- Smart, quick learner – we lead our industry and want to keep pushing
- Gets things done – efficient and organized
- We’re a team – so everybody does the dishes, no lone rangers here
- Excited to work on projects with lots of unknowns and devise elegant and maintainable solutions
Culture:More than just great engineers, we want to hire great people! We move fast, work hard, and play hard too so we want you to know our expectations up front:
Nice to have:Experience in consulting and solution based professional services
About UscPrime is a leader in Agile / Scrum transformation services, a large Agile training company in the United States, an Atlassian Platinum Solution/Enterprise Partner + Atlassian Verified Vendor, a Gold SAFe Partner and a well established DevOps solution provider. cPrime is a part of the ALTEN Group, the €1.2 Billion European leader in Technology Consulting and Engineering. According to Inc 500, cPrime is ranked as one of the top 500 fastest growing companies in America, ranking 4th for fastest growing companies in Silicon Valley and 6th for the S.F. Bay Area. We operate in multiple locations across the US including the San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, St. Louis, Philadelphia, and Boston.