Advanced Tableau | Next Level Data Visualizations, Calculations, Hadoop Integrat
Geared for experienced Tableau users with data analysis background and interests, Advanced Tableau is a two-day, lab intensive hands-on course that deep dives into next-level data analytics using Tableau Data Visualization with Tableau from basics to advanced, Data Organization and Scripting, Visualization, Playing with Time Dimension, Incremental Loading and Blending, and Integrating Tableau with R and Hadoop.
Available formats for this course
Duration2 days/16 hours of instruction
Starting at: $1695
Part 1: Introduction to Data Visualization with Tableau – Why Data Visualization is Needed
- Making sense out of Numbers
- Uses of Tableau
- Features of Tableau.
Part 2: Basic Visualization Design – Connect to the databases and make basic charts and graphs.
- Exporting Data
- Connecting Sheets
- Loading into Tableau visualization engine.
- Basic visualizations: Text Tables, Bar, Line, Pie charts,
- Basic maps; interpreting the same.
Part 3. Visualizations Deep Dive – Make Advance Charts and Graphs.
- Highlight Tables
- Heat Maps, Circle Plots, Side by Side Bars, Continues Lines, Scatter Plots, Dual Charts, Area Charts, Tree Maps.
Part 4: Data Organization and Scripting – Learn scripting functionality and organizing data for effective results.
- Calculated Metrics
- Sorting, Filtering
- Totals and Sub Totals
- Various Aggregated Measures, Percentages,
- Data Spotlighting, Summary Card.
- Date and time functions, String Functions and logical functions
- Data Items,
- Data behind your views
- Hierarchies, Sets, Groups, Bins.
Part 5: The World is Your Visualization – Learn about more advanced visualizations for various analytical requirements
- Dual Charts, Dual Axis, Combination charts, Gantt Charts for activity tracking,
- Motion Charts, Box and Whisker Plots
- Reference Lines, Reference Bands
- Pareto Analysis
- Water Fall Charts
- Market Basket Analysis
Part 6: Playing with Time Dimension – Create Time based calculations.
- Quick Table Calculations, Custom Table Calculations, YTD
- Parallel Period, Moving Averages, Running totals, Window Averages, Trend Lines and Predictive Models.
Part 7: What is Your Location? – Location analytics capabilities to put geographic and other spatial context to your analysis.
- Filled Maps, Symbol Maps
- Geo Coding
- Online Maps
- Sorting in Maps
- Background Maps.
Part 8: Incremental Loading and Blending – Blend and arrange your data from multiple source systems for effective analysis.
- Data Blending from multiple source systems
- Custom SQL Queries
- Creating Incremental Loads
- Creating File Extractions
Part 9: Integrating Tableau with R and Hadoop – Integration of Tableau with R and Hadoop, Statistical Analytics, and social media analytics.
- Connect to Hadoop Systems from Tableau
- Integrating Tableau with R
- Connecting to R Server Parameterized R calls
- Mean, Median, Mode, Standard Deviation,
- Forecasting Models
Part 10: Case Study – Optional
Sharing Insights with Enterprise Dashboards: Work in real time environment for Tableau Projects. one mini project will be provided with business scenarios. Understand the requirement and creating various dashboards, story boards, deploying your dashboards for the project.
- Mini end-end project with Business case study. Interactive Dashboards, Action Filters, Story Boards, Best Practices, Cover Pages, Annotations, Tool Tips, keyboard short cuts, Legends, Sharing your work, Deploying to server, Tableau Online, Tableau Reader, and Tableau Public.
This is an advanced-level Tableau course geared for experienced Tableau users.