Advanced Tester Certification—Test Automation Engineer
Prepare for the ISTQB® Advanced Level—Test Automation Engineer Certification Exam
This course provides participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to implement automation for software projects. The course focuses on the concepts, methods, tools, and processes for automating dynamic functional tests and the relationship of those tests to test management, configuration management, defect management, software development, and quality assurance processes.
Methods described are generally applicable across a variety of software lifecycle approaches (e.g., agile, sequential, incremental, iterative), types of software systems (e.g., embedded, distributed, mobile), and test types (functional and non-functional testing). Real-world practical exercises reinforce learning objectives, strengthen the understanding and application of topics in the course and prepare participants for the exam.
Prior to attending class, please download and review the following document: Advanced Level Test Automation Engineer Syllabus.
Pre-Qualification for the Advanced Certification Exam
In order to be eligible to take any of the Certified Tester—Advanced Level (CTAL) exams, potential examinees must submit proof of Certified Tester—Foundation Level (CTFL) certification. CTAL exams are not given at the end of class. After pre-qualification is completed, students receive an exam voucher good for one year.
Duration5 days/20 hours of instruction
Public Classroom Pricing
GSA Price: $1865.75
Group Rate: $2195
Private Group Pricing
Have a group of 5 or more students? Request special pricing for private group training today.
Part 1: Introduction and Objectives for Test Automation
- Purpose of Test Automation
- Success Factors in Test Automation
Part 2: Preparing for Test Automation
- SUT Factors Influencing Test Automation
- Tool Evaluation and Selection
- Design for Testability and Automation
Part 3: The Generic Test Automation Architecture
- Introduction to gTAA
- TAA Design
- TAS Development
Part 4: Deployment Risks and Contingencies
- Selection of Test Automation Approach and Planning of Deployment/Rollout
- Risk Assessment and Mitigation Strategies
- Test Automation Maintenance
Part 5: Test Automation Reporting and Metrics
- Selection of TAS Metrics
- Implementation of Measurement
- Logging of the TAS and the SUT
- Test Automation Reporting
Part 6: Transitioning Manual Testing to an Automated Environment
- Criteria for Automation
- Identify Steps Needed to Implement Automation within Regression Testing
- Factors to Consider when Implementing Automation within New Feature Testing
- Factors to Consider when Implementing Automation of Confirmation Testing
Part 7: Verifying the TAS
- Verifying Automated Test Environment Components
- Verifying the Automated Test Suite
Part 8: Continuous Improvement
- Options for Improving Test Automation
- Planning the Implementation of Test Automation Improvement
- Professionals in roles such as software developer, tester, test analysts, test engineer, test consultant, test lead or manager and anyone desiring to secure advanced automation skills and/or complete the ISTQB Advanced Test Automation Engineer certification.
- This course may also be appropriate for anyone who wants a deeper understanding of software test automation, such as project managers, quality managers, software development managers, business analysts, IT directors, and management consultants.
- This certification is aimed at professionals who are working within a tool supported software testing environment. It is also for professionals who are planning to start working within a tool supported software testing environment in the future or are working within companies that plan to do so.
- Prior to attending class, please download and review the following document: Advanced Level Test Automation Engineer Syllabus.
- Develop a plan to integrate automated testing into the testing process.
- Evaluate tools and technology for automation customized for your projects.
- Create an approach and methodology for building a test automation architecture (TAA).
- Design and develop test automation solutions that meet the business needs.
- Learn approaches to enable the transition of testing from a manual to an automated approach.
- Discover how to create automated test reporting and metrics
- Understand how to manage and optimize testing assets to facilitate maintainability
The Advanced Level Test Automation Engineer exam will is comprised of 40 multiple choice questions, with a pass mark grade of 65% to be completed within 90 minutes. Participants that take the exam, not in their spoken language, will have a total time of 113 minutes.
Cancellations within twenty (20) business days of the event start date are subject to a 20% cancellation fee. Cancellations within fifteen (15) business days of the event start date are subject to the full event fee.