Agile Software Development
Software Development for Agile Developers
Understand the tools and techniques that need to be applied in order to build good software in the iterative and incremental fashion that Scrum requires.
In this three-day course, you will explore detailed examination and demonstration of Agile development and testing techniques to ensure a firm theoretical understanding of the benefits and pitfalls of working in an Agile team. Practical exercises based on working case study scenarios enable you to explore and experience Agile development and testing first hand, giving you the level of true understanding required to employ the techniques successfully back in the workplace.
Duration3 days/24 hours of instruction
Public Classroom Pricing
Private Group Pricing
Have a group of 5 or more students? Request special pricing for private group training today.
Topics covered include:
- Planning Agile Software Development
- Test Driven Development
- Patterns and Anti-Patterns
- User Acceptance Testing
- Automated Acceptance Testing
- Continuous Integration
- Advanced Refactoring (Working with Legacy Code)
This course will benefit software developers and testers who wish to employ Agile software development practices using .NET or Java platforms.
Please note: You should have a prior awareness and understanding of Agile team practices including User Stories and Iteration Planning.
By the end of this course you will:
- Learn about Planning Agile Software Development
- Gain hands on experience of Test Driven Development and mocking
- Learn about Software Design Principles and emergent design
- Gain hands on experience of Automated Acceptance Testing
- Experience code refactoring
- Understand how to work with legacy systems
- Understand Continuous Integration