Architecting on AWS
Learn how to optimize the use of the AWS Cloud by understanding AWS services and how these services fit into cloud-based solutions.
Architecting on AWS covers the fundamentals of building IT infrastructure on AWS. The course is designed to teach solutions architects how to optimize the use of the AWS Cloud by understanding AWS services and how these services fit into cloud-based solutions. This course emphasizes AWS cloud best practices and recommended design patterns to help students think through the process of architecting optimal IT solutions on AWS. Case studies throughout the course showcase how some AWS customers have designed their infrastructures and the strategies and services they implemented.
Available formats for this course
Duration3 days/24 hours of instruction
Public Classroom Pricing
Starting at: $2025(USD)
GSA Price: $1518
Group Rate: $2025
- The Simplest Architectures
- Adding a Compute Layer
- Adding a Database Layer
- Networking in AWS Part 1
- Networking in AWS Part 2
- AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Elasticity, High Availability, and Monitoring
- Building Decoupled Architectures
- Microservices and Serverless Architectures
- RTO/RPO and Backup Recovery Setup
- Optimizations and Review
This course also includes 1 year of On Demand content to include:
- Vendor certified video content
- Technical and Instructor support
- Searchable course content
- + 3-months Lab access
- Bonus content now included: 100+ Authorized AWS on demand digital videos
Note: course outline may vary slightly based on the regional location and/or language in which the class is delivered.
- Solutions Architects
- Solution Design Engineers
- Make architectural decisions based on the AWS-recommended architectural principles and best practices.
- Leverage AWS services to make your infrastructure scalable, reliable, and highly available.
- Leverage AWS managed services to enable greater flexibility and resiliency in an infrastructure.
- Make an AWS-based infrastructure more efficient in order to increase performance and reduce costs.
- Use the Well-Architected Framework to improve architectures with AWS solutions
A full refund will be issued for class cancellations made at least 10 business days before the course begins. Payment is non‑refundable for cancellations or reschedules made within 10 business days from the course start date and for No‑Shows (students who do not attend class).
For reschedules made within 10 business days from the course start date, students must reschedule immediately for a current, published course, up to a maximum of six months from the original date.
A student may reschedule a class or exam up to 2 times. Any additional reschedules will not be allowed.