AWS Cloud Essentials for Business Leaders
Get introduced to cloud concepts and advantages.
In this course, you will learn the fundamental concepts of cloud computing and how a cloud strategy can help companies meet business objectives. It explores the advantages and possibilities of cloud computing. It also introduces addresses concepts such as security and compliance to help facilitate better discussions with line of business (LOB) professionals, information technology (IT) LoB, IT leaders, and executives.
Available formats for this course
Duration1 day/4 hours of instruction
Public Classroom Pricing
Starting at: $450(USD)
Group Rate: $400
Part 1: Course Introduction
Part 2: Information Technology for Business Transformation
- Role of IT in an organization for business transformation
- Brief history of IT
- Legacy approach to IT
- What drives customers to move from traditional infrastructure to the cloud
Part 3: Cloud Computing
- Define cloud computing
- Key characteristics of cloud technology
- The cloud business model
- Key security practices within the cloud
Part 4: Business Value of the Cloud
- The customer value proposition
- Identify who is using cloud computing
- Industry trends
- Customer examples
Part 5: The Cloud Value Framework
- Introduction to the Cloud Value Framework
- Cost Savings
- Staff Productivity
- Operational Resilience
- Business Agility
Part 6: Business Value Activity
No prior IT experience or cloud experience is required.
- Explain the role of information technology (IT) in an organization for business transformation
- Explain the customer value proposition for using the cloud across industries
- Define key characteristics of cloud computing
- Explain the cloud business model
- Identify key security practices of cloud computing
- Frame the cloud business value using the Cloud Value Framework
A full refund will be issued for class cancellations made at least 10 business days before the course begins. Payment is non‑refundable for cancellations or reschedules made within 10 business days from the course start date and for No‑Shows (students who do not attend class).
For reschedules made within 10 business days from the course start date, students must reschedule immediately for a current, published course, up to a maximum of six months from the original date.
A student may reschedule a class or exam up to 2 times. Any additional reschedules will not be allowed.