AWS Security Essentials
Learn fundamental AWS cloud security concepts.
This course covers fundamental AWS cloud security concepts, including AWS access control, data encryption methods, and how network access to your AWS infrastructure can be secured. Based on the AWS Shared Security Model, you learn where you are responsible for implementing security in the AWS Cloud and what security-oriented services are available to you and why and how the security services can help meet the security needs of your organization.
Available formats for this course
Duration1 day/8 hours of instruction
Public Classroom Pricing
Starting at: $640(USD)
GSA Price: $467.2
Group Rate: $640
Get the full details on this course. Download the .PDF Brochure below:
Part 1: Security on AWS
- Security design principles in the AWS Cloud
- AWS Shared Responsibility Model
Part 2: Security OF the Cloud
- AWS Global Infrastructure
- Data center security
- Compliance and governance
Part 3: Security IN the Cloud
- Identity and access management
- Data protection essentials
- Lab 01 – Introduction to security policies
Part 4: Security IN the Cloud
- Securing your infrastructure
- Monitoring and detective controls
- Lab 02 – Securing VPC resources with Security Groups
Part 5: Security IN the Cloud
- DDoS mitigation
- Incident response essentials
- Lab 03 – Remediating issues with AWS Config Conformance Packs
Part 6: Course Wrap Up
- AWS Well-Architected tool overview
- Next Steps
- Security IT business-level professionals interested in cloud security practices
- Security professionals with minimal to no working knowledge of AWS
- Assimilate Identify security benefits and responsibilities of using the AWS Cloud
- Describe the access control and management features of AWS
- Explain the available methods for providing encryption of data in transit and data at rest when storing your data in AWS.
- Describe how to secure network access to your AWS resources
- Determine which AWS services can be used for monitoring and incident response
A full refund will be issued for class cancellations made at least 10 business days before the course begins. Payment is non‑refundable for cancellations or reschedules made within 10 business days from the course start date and for No‑Shows (students who do not attend class).
For reschedules made within 10 business days from the course start date, students must reschedule immediately for a current, published course, up to a maximum of six months from the original date.
A student may reschedule a class or exam up to 2 times. Any additional reschedules will not be allowed.