How to be Cyber Secure
At the end of this Cyber Security workshop, team members will understand the importance and impacts of common information security challenges, and how to avoid or solve them. The workshop helps everyone on the team understand how and why awareness, security hygiene, and incident prevention is everyone’s responsibility.
Available formats for this course
Duration1 day/8 hours of instruction
1 RMP PDUs
Starting at: $250
Part 1: Risk Overview
- Understanding risk
- Understanding the threat landscape
- The dangers of exposing your customers to threats
Part 2: Understanding the common attacks
- Phishing and Spearphishing
- Email and web scams
- Device and laptop scams
- Mobile scams & calls
Part 3: Passwords
- Strong password characteristics
- Best practices for password policy
- Password managers
Part 4: Device and system security
- Human interactions
- Device “Don’t-dos
- Common sources of vulnerability
Part 5: Security buy-In for teams
- Security hygiene and engagement
- Practical engagement strategies
- Rule of least privilege
- Separation of duties
Exercise: Spot the weakness – Spend five minutes walking through Google’s phishing simulator to see how vulnerable you are to being tricked by clever, targeted attempts to trick you into clicking on malicious links and giving attackers access to your machine and your organization’s network.
- Anyone using computers or other organizational infrastructure.
- Team members, team leads, and executives who want to make sure they understand the contemporary digital threat landscape.