Intermediate Tableau | Tableau Desktop II
QuickStart to Using Core Tableau Data and Reporting Functions
Geared for experienced Tableau, Intermediate Tableau | Tableau Desktop II is a two-day, lab intensive hands-on course that provides participants with the skills required to move from simple to complex visualizations, and to combine them in interactive dashboards.
All course labs and solutions, data sets, Tableau software, detailed courseware, lab guides and resources (as applicable) are provided for attendees in our easy access, no installation required, remote lab environment for the duration of the course. Our tech team will help set up, test and verify lab access for each attendee prior to the course start date, ensuring a smooth start to class and successful hands-on course experience for all participants.
Available formats for this course
Duration2 days/16 hours of instruction
Starting at: $1695
GSA Price: $1270
Group Rate: $1595
Part 1: Simplifying and Sorting Your Data
- Data Filtering
- Creating Date Filters
Part 2: Organizing Your Data
- Using Groups
- Creating and Using Hierarchies
Part 3: Slicing Your Data by Date
- Working with Dates in Tableau
- Using Discrete Date Parts
- Defining a Fiscal Year
- Creating Custom Dates
Part 4: Using Multiple Measures in a View
- Using Measure Values and Measure Names in a View
- Combo Charts
- Combined or Shared Axis Charts
- Creating Dual Axis Charts
Part 5: Showing the Relationship between Numerical Values
- Creating Scatter Plots
- Using Sets
Part 6: Viewing Specific Values
- Creating Heat Maps
- Creating Crosstabs
- Creating Highlight Tables
- Grand Totals, Sub-Totals, and Changing Aggregation
Part 7: Customizing Your Data
- Calculation Types
- Parts of a Calculated Field
- Options for Creating Calculated Fields
- Strings, Dates, and Type Conversion Functions
- Calculations and Aggregations
Part 8: Analyzing Data with Quick Table Calculations
- Using Quick Table Calculations
Part 9: Showing Breakdowns of the Whole
- Pie Charts and Parts of the Whole
- Creating Tree Maps
Part 10: Viewing Distributions
- Bins and Histograms
- Box and Whisker Plots
Part 11: Making Your Views Available
- Building Dashboards
- Dashboard Actions
This is an intermediate course: Students have a background in using Tableau or have previously attended:
- Introduction to Tableau / Tableau Jumpstart (2 Days)
- Tableau Desktop Fundamentals (2 Days)
- Work in a hands-on learning environment led by our expert facilitator, and understand Tableau teminology
- Use the Tableau interface / paradigm to effectively create powerful visualizations
- Create basic calculations including string manipulation, basic arithmetic calculations, custom aggregations and ratios, date math, logic statements and quick table calculations.
- Use groups, bins, hierarchies, sorts, sets, and filters to create focused and effective visualizations.
- Use Measure Name and Measure Value fields to create visualizations with multiple measures and dimensions.
- Handle changes in data source such as field addition, deletion or name changes.
- Share visualizations with others.
- Combine visualizations into Interactive Dashboards and publish them to the web.
- Represent data using the following visualization types including: Cross tabs, Heat maps, Distribution charts, Tree maps, Pie and Bar Charts, Dual axis and combo charts with different mark ty