Introduction to Office 365
This Office 365 introduction course teaches the suite of applications that are core to the technology. Students will learn how Office 365 fits into their productivity culture. The course details the online and desktop applications available including their function and examples of use cases for each. There is emphasis on the collaboration tools like Groups and Teams and explores how those tools are becoming the industry standard for collaboration in the Microsoft suite. The Office 365 “Periodic Chart” is explored and students are immersed in how each application interacts with the other applications. The roadmap for choosing applications based on business requirements will guarantee the students fully understand all of the application offerings and exactly when to use each.
This is an introductory course and students should consider the "Office 365 Power User Boot Camp” for full immersion and hands-on exploration of all of the apps. There is not a separate lab environment, but students are encouraged to log in to their Office 365 accounts and follow along with demonstrations.
Available formats for this course
Duration1 day/8 hours of instruction
Starting at: $695
GSA Price: $585
Group Rate: $595
Get the full details on this course. Download the .PDF Brochure below:
Part 1: Introduction to the Office 365 Suite
- What is Office 365?
- Table of Office 365 Apps
Part 2: Overview/Introduction to Applications
- OneDrive for Business
- Business Process Automation
- Power Automate
- Business Intelligence: Power BI
- To Do
Detailed Exploration of Core Applications (instructor demonstration)
- Office: Online vs Desktop Applications
- Collaboration: Delve, Teams, Groups, OneDrive for Business, SharePoint, Yammer
- Miscellaneous: Planner
Anyone who uses or plans on using Microsoft Office 365. This course demystifies Office 365 and helps users understand where they are in the deployment process. Students will leave with a road map to fully utilize the tools within the O365 Suite.
- Understand what Office 365 offers the enterprise
- Determine which applications to use for different use case requirements
- Differentiate the Online and Desktop applications and when to use each
- Understand mobile applications and how they integrate with Office 365
- Delineate differences between Groups, Teams, Planner, Power Automate, PowerApps and what functionality each provides to empower business process automation and collaboration
- Understand OneDrive for Business and Co-Authoring
- Use SharePoint to build collaboration portals and websites
- Articulate and develop a roadmap for SharePoint deployment
- Understand Delve and how it helps users connect to content and colleagues in real time
- Recognize available tools that protect data and guarantee business continuity