Kanban for Practitioners
Learn the how to use and implement Kanban
Kanban for Practitioners is a highly interactive two-day course. It combines teaching, group discussions, and a fully immersive simulation to illustrate how Kanban helps individuals, teams, and organizations to manage and improve the delivery of products and services to their customers.
Kanban provides pragmatic, actionable, evidence-based guidance for successful evolutionary change. It starts with what you do now and pursues evolutionary change while respecting current roles, responsibilities, and job titles, and encouraging leadership at all levels. This allows organizations to evolve business processes gradually, define and use relevant metrics to measure progress, and significantly reduce the risks associated with complex change programs. It will enable you to be able to answer questions like "when will I get my feature?" and "How many items will I get in the next release?"
Duration2 days/16 hours of instruction
Public Classroom Pricing
Private Group Pricing
Have a group of 5 or more students? Request special pricing for private group training today.
The content of the course will cover the basics of Kanban and the knowledge you need to have in order to apply Kanban in your organization.
Topics covered are:
- What is Kanban?
- Lean and Agile
- Visualize what you do now
- Balance the work
- Manage the flow
- Flow metrics – Work in Progress, Cycle Time, Throughput, and Work Item Age
- Flow analytics – Introduction to cumulative flow diagrams, Scatterplots, and Histograms
- Probabilistic Forecasting
- Support collaboration
- Focus on customer
- Design your Kanban system
- Encourage leadership at all levels in the organization
This course is suitable for anyone who is involved in product development or knowledge work, from any position would be suitable to attend this course. This includes but is not limited to the following:
- Product/project managers
- Product/software developers and testers
- Business analysts
- High-level management positions
- Scrum Masters
- Guide a team in their adoption of Kanban
- Support the team in the day-to-day operation
- Help teams identify and resolve hindrances to flow
- Design Kanban systems and their visualizations
- Identify/prioritise improvements
- Create pull systems to smooth workflows
- How to apply Work-In-Progress (WIP) limits
- Understand which metrics are needed for predictability
- Understand how to use flow metrics and data to achieve a stable process