MABL Test Automation Boot Camp
Increase the speed and effectiveness of your Test Automation for Agile Teams with MABL
We are living in an era of technology powered by software applications. Everyone expects these applications to be perfect, without any problems, fully functional, and always accessible, so testing is an important part of software development. Software applications should be tested across all their different parts from different perspectives in terms of functionality, reliability, accessibility, security, performance, and more. Since software applications are increasing in size and complexity, we also need to make our tests with bigger scopes and complexity. When that becomes necessary, software test automation comes into play, allowing developers and testers to more quickly and efficiently test their code and functionality. MABL is one of the outstanding tools available for test automation.
MABL is a modern test automation tool aimed at advancing software testing by enabling easy creation and execution of software. Its easy-to-use, low-code test automation allows tests via web browser, API, and mobile devices.
If you or your organization want to take your software testing capabilities further, then MABL could be the perfect solution for you. As a low-code test automation tool, MABL is a strong alternative to traditional script-based testing frameworks. This two-day training will go over the basics of MABL, showcase its functionalities and advantages, demonstrate use cases in different scenarios, and compare it to other tools on the market.
Duration2 days/16 hours of instruction
Public Classroom Pricing
GSA Price: $1185
Group Rate: $1195
Private Group Pricing
Have a group of 5 or more students? Request special pricing for private group training today.
Day 1: Introduction and Setup
In Day 1, you'll learn how to set up MABL and get familiar with its dashboard, functionality, and scaling capabilities. After setting up MABL, you'll learn the basics, including how to navigate in the dashboard and how to create and execute a test.
Part 1: Getting Started
First things first, you'll be setting up your MABL account. As a starting point, MABL provides a free trial for 14 days, which you may want to take advantage of for this training. In this first part of the training, we'll cover the below topics:
- Setting up your MABL account
- Plans and licenses
- Basics of software testing and automation
- Software development lifecycle
- Continuous integration/continuous delivery
- Test automation
- Users of MABL
- Navigating the menu
- Discovering the dashboard
Part 2: Creating Your First Test
This section aims at making you familiar with creating and implementing a test, and by the end, you'll have written a simple test and seen the results.
- Create your first test
- Organize test inputs and steps
- Trigger the tests
- Test outputs and analysis
- Exercise 1: Create a test for a given scenario and observe the results
Part 3: Advancing Your Tests
Now you are ready for more complex tests, including tests with multiple steps and reusable tests. Thanks to its low-code design, testers without coding skills can also design and implement complex tests.
- Low-code features
- Create a multi-step, reusable test
- Organize the test for web and mobile
- Define variables for testing
- Setup your workspace for reports
- Exercise 2: Create a five-step test with variables, triggers, and reports
Day 2: Advanced Features and Use Cases
In the second day of our training, we'll look into the advanced features of MABL and its scaling capabilities. We'll also learn how to perform API testing, and understand the differences for testing in mobile. We'll conclude the day with some common use cases and build an example application.
Part 4: Scaling Capabilities
The power of MABL comes from its ability to scale, by building cross-browser, end-to-end or API tests and accessibility testing features.
In this part, we'll cover:
- Accessibility testing
- Cross-browser testing
- End-to-end testing
- API testing
- Mobile testing
- Exercise 3: An API testing example in two different browsers
- Exercise 4: Testing an application in mobile and web browsers
Part 5: Integrations of MABL
In this part, we'll go over the integrations supported by MABL, and how to benefit from these integrations. We'll check out some integrations of popular services, and how they can be used to improve your testing performance.
- Integration with repository services (GitHub, GitLab, Bitbucket)
- Integration with team communication services (Slack, MS Teams)
- Integration with CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Circle CI, Bamboo)
- Other integrations such as Jira, Postman, and Segment
- Exercise 5: Integration of MABL with two other services
Part 6: Use Cases and Example Application
In this section, we'll check out successful examples of MABL and explore possible use cases. We'll also build an example application as a wrap-up for the previous parts.
- Salesforce test automation
- Low code test creation
- Auto-healing function
- Unified platform supporting UI and API testing
- Automated regression testing
- Fine-grained control
- Running parallel tests
- Reusable scripts from legacy tests
- Integration with deployment tools
- Increased coverage of testing
- Easy to implement with low-code test design
- Cross-browser scalability for different environments
- Seamless integration with existing tools and platforms
- Exercise 6: Planning and implementation of a complex scenario
Part 7: Comparison with Other Tools
What makes MABL different from other tools on the market? In this section, we'll check out some alternatives to MABL, and we'll go over how they compare with MABL in terms of features, usability, customer support, and plans.
- Selenium and MABL
- UserTesting and MABL
- Cypress and MABL
- Testim.io and MABL
Part 8: Conclusion
This part brings us to the end of your two-day training on MABL, its features, use cases, tests, integrations, and tooling.
- Summary of what you learned
Professionals who may benefit include:
- Technical-Oriented Testers
- Business Analysts
- Test Automation Engineers
- Software Engineers
- Full Stack Developers
- QA Automation Engineers
- How to get started with MABL
- Organize test inputs and create your own tests
- Understand best practices around multi variable testing
- Assess how MABL can scale to fit your organization
- Learn how to integrate MABL with your various tools