Migrating to AWS
Learn to plan and migrate existing workloads to the AWS cloud.
This course is for individuals who seek an understanding of how to plan and migrate existing workloads to the AWS Cloud. You will learn about various cloud migration strategies and how to apply each step of the migration process, including portfolio discovery, application migration planning and design, conducting a migration, and post-migration validation and application optimization. Hands-on labs reinforce learning, and each lab is designed to provide you with the understanding and foundation necessary to complete migration tasks in your organization.
This course is designed for solutions architects and engineers who perform cloud migrations and understand core AWS services and design patterns covered in Architecting on AWS and is also available to IT project managers involved in the planning of those migrations who have completed AWS Technical Essentials.
This course comes with a complimentary AWS Resources Bundle. This free bundle provides one year of access to over 140 videos from AWS.
Available formats for this course
Duration3 days/24 hours of instruction
Public Classroom Pricing
Starting at: $2025(USD)
Group Rate: $1925
Get the full details on this course. Download the .PDF Brochure below:
- Part 1: What Is a Cloud Migration?
- Part 2: Assessing Migration Readiness
- Part 3: Preparing for a Migration and Understanding Related Workstreams
- Part 4: Discovering Landing Zones and Their Benefits
- Part 5: Building a Landing Zone
- Part 6: Discovering the Portfolio and Understanding Migration Strategies
- Part 7: Understanding and Choosing Portfolio Discovery Tools
- Part 8: Planning and Designing a Migration
- Part 9: Performing the Migration to AWS
- Part 10: Understanding Database and Data Migration Services
- Part 11: Understanding Additional Migration Support Options
- Part 12: Integrating, Validating, and Cutting Over Applications
- Part 13: Modernizing and Optimizing an Application Migration
- Part 14: Understanding Operations Tools, Integration Testing, and Automation
- Part 15: Migration Best Practices
Note: The course outline may vary slightly based on the regional location and/or language in which the class is delivered.
We recommend that attendees of this course have the following prerequisites:
- Familiarity with enterprise IT infrastructure (hardware and software)
- Completed the AWS Technical Essentials or Architecting on AWS training
- Achieved their AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate certification (optional)
This course is intended for:
- Solutions architects
- Software engineers
- IT project managers
- Operation leads
- Other individuals involved in the planning and running of migration projects
- Recognize the common business and technical drivers for migrating to the cloud
- Summarize the three phases of a migration and associated objectives, tasks, and stakeholders for each
- Describe AWS architecture, tools, and migration best practices
- Distinguish between the various cloud migration strategies and when each is most appropriate
- Determine an organization’s application migration readiness
- Discover a portfolio and gather data necessary for migration
- Plan and design an application migration strategy
- Perform and validate application migration to the cloud
- Optimize applications and operations after migrating to the cloud
A full refund will be issued for class cancellations made at least 10 business days before the course begins. Payment is non‑refundable for cancellations or reschedules made within 10 business days from the course start date and for No‑Shows (students who do not attend class).
For reschedules made within 10 business days from the course start date, students must reschedule immediately for a current, published course, up to a maximum of six months from the original date.
A student may reschedule a class or exam up to 2 times. Any additional reschedules will not be allowed.
Migrating to AWS Schedule
12:00 PM - 8:00 PM ET