Next-Level Tableau | Tableau Visual Analytics for Experienced Users
Next Level Tableau for Power Users (Intermediate) is a two-day, fast paced hands-on intermediate and beyond level Tableau course geared for experienced users who wish to expand their visual analysis toolbox, strengthen their analytical skills and gain a better understanding of visualization best practices. Attending students will become a better analyst, designer, and communicator.
This course teaches students how to leverage Tableau to develop and hone their visual analytic skills, to engage in active planning for elegant visual design, to implement dashboards that reflect best practices, to answer data questions and how to best communicate answers to their intended audience. Students are invited to bring three examples of visualizations you’ve created in the past. These examples don’t have to be complex, just something you’ve actually used or presented. Any format (.twbx, .twb, image) is fine.
Available formats for this course
Duration2 days/16 hours of instruction
Starting at: $1595
Part 1: Introducing Visual Analytics
1. What is visual analytics?
2. Strengths and weaknesses of the human visual system
Part 2: Laying the Groundwork for Visual Analysis
1. The analytical process
2. Preparing for analysis
Part 3: Visual Mapping Techniques
1. Working with human perceptual and cognitive processes
2. Encoding data into visual form
3. Working with color
Part 4: Solving Real-World Problems
1. Getting a feel for your data
2. Time series analysis
3. Comparing categories and measures
Part 5: Communicating Your Findings
1. Fine-tuning for more effective visualization
2. Storytelling and guided analytics
- Strong Tableau user who wants to learn more about best practices in visual analytics.
- Experienced Tableau users who want to connect the science of data visualization to the principles of visual best practices.
- Students should already know how to navigate and use Tableau.