SAFe 5.0 for Government (SGP)
Transitioning to Lean-Agile practices for building digital services is especially challenging in the government context. But issues of legacy governance, contracting, and organizational barriers can be overcome with the right information and strategies. During this two-day SAFe for Government training course, attendees will learn the principles and practices of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®), how to execute and release value through Agile Release Trains, and what it means to lead a Lean-Agile transformation of a program inside a government agency.
Attendees will gain an understanding of the Lean-Agile mindset and why it’s an essential foundation for transformation. They’ll also get practical advice on building high performing, multi-vendor Agile teams, and programs, managing technology investments in Lean flow, acquiring solutions with Agile contracting, launching the program, planning, and delivering value using SAFe. Attendees will also learn how specific leadership behaviors can drive successful organizational change, even in government.
*Cprime is proud to be a Gold SPCT and Platform Level partner with Scaled Agile, the exclusive certifying body for the Scaled Agile Framework. Attending this class and passing the qualifying exam will earn you the SAFe Government Practitioner (SGP) certification.
Available formats for this course
Duration2 days/16 hours of instruction
Starting at: $995
Get the full details on this course Download the .PDF Brochure
- Advancing Lean-Agile in Government
- Embracing a Lean-Agile mindset
- Understanding SAFe principles
- Creating high performing Agile teams and programs
- Planning with cadence and synchronization
- Delivering value in program increments
- Mapping the path to agency and program agility
- Leading successful change
- Taking action
This course is designed for government leaders and lead practitioners who are considering, planning, or advocating implementation of Lean-Agile and DevOps practices with SAFe in their agencies, programs or public sector organizations. Examples include:
- Executives, directors, branch chiefs
- Managers of development, engineering, QA, architecture, operations, support
- Program and project managers
- Program/Project Management Office (PMO)
- Exam name – SAFe® 4 Government Practitioner Exam – or – SAFe® 5 Government Practitioner Exam
- Exam format – Multiple choice; Multiple select
- Exam delivery – Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access – Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe® Government course
- Exam duration – Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of questions – 45
- Passing score – SGP4 = 33 out of 45 (73%); SGP5 = 32 out of 45 (71%)
- Language – English
- Exam cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Retake policy – Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.