Certified SAFe® Release Train Engineer (RTE)
In this three-day course you will gain an in-depth understanding of the role and responsibilities of a Release Train Engineer (RTE) in the SAFe® enterprise. You will learn how to facilitate and enable end-to-end value delivery through Agile Release Trains (ARTs) and value streams. You will also learn how to build a high-performing ART by becoming a servant leader and coach, and how to plan and execute a Program Increment (PI) planning event, the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization. This course also prepares attendees for the SAFe Release Train Engineer (RTE) certification exam.
*Cprime is proud to be a Gold SPCT and Platform Level partner with Scaled Agile, the exclusive certifying body for the Scaled Agile Framework. Attending this class and passing the qualifying exam will earn you the SAFe Release Train Engineer (RTE) certification.
Available formats for this course
Duration3 days/24 hours of instruction
6.5 Leadership PDUs
3.5 Strategy PDUs
10 Technical PDUs
10 ACP PDUs
Public Classroom Pricing
Starting at: $2495(USD)
GSA Price: $1821.35
Group Rate: $2295
Get the full details on this course. Download the .PDF Brochure below:
Part 1: Exploring the RTE role and responsibilities
Part 2: Applying SAFe Principles
- Organizing the ART
Part 3: Planning a Program Increment
Part 4: Executing a Program Increment
Part 5: Fostering Relentless Improvement
Part 6: Serving the ART
Part 7: Continuing Your Learning Journey
- Release Train Engineers (RTEs)
- Program and project managers
- Leaders and managers
- Scrum Masters
- Agile coaches
- SAFe Program Consultants (SPCs)
- Identify the effective RTE behaviors
- Prepare & Organize for PI Planning
- Facilitate PI Planning Team break outs and Plan review
- Facilitate Management Problem Solving
- Facilitate ART ROAM program risks
- Facilitate Confidence Vote enabling transparency
- Facilitate PI Planning across multiple locations, time zones and continents
- Effectively Execute Program Increment
- Fostering Relentless Improvement across the ART
- Exam name – SAFe® 4 Release Train Engineer Exam – or –
SAFe® 5 Release Train Engineer Exam
- Exam format – Multiple choice, multiple response
- Exam delivery – Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access – Candidates can access to the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of your SAFe® Release Train Engineer course .
- Exam duration – Once the exam begins, candidates have 120 minutes (2 hours) to complete the exam.
- Number of questions – 60
- Passing score – RTE4 exam = 44 out of 60 (73%) – RTE5 exam = 45 out of 60 (75%)
- Language – English
- Exam cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Retake policy – Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.