Security Engineering on AWS
Learn best practices for securing the AWS cloud.
This AWS Security course demonstrates how to efficiently use AWS security services to stay secure in the AWS Cloud. The course focuses on the security practices that AWS recommends for enhancing the security of your data and systems in the cloud. The course highlights the security features of AWS key services including compute, storage, networking, and database services. You will also learn how to leverage AWS services and tools for automation, continuous monitoring and logging, and responding to security incidents.
Available formats for this course
Duration3 days/24 hours of instruction
Starting at: $2025
Group Rate: $2025
- Identifying Entry Points on AWS
- Security Considerations: Web Application Environments
- Application Security
- Securing Networking Communications – Part 1
- Data Security
- Security Considerations: Hybrid Environments
- Monitoring and Collecting Logs on AWS
- Processing Logs on AWS
- Securing Networking Communications – Part 2
- Out-Of-Region Protection
- Account Management on AWS
- Security Considerations: Serverless Environments
- Secrets Management on AWS
- Automating Security on AWS
- Threat Detection and Sensitive Data Monitoring
- Security engineers
- Security architects
- Security operations
- Information security
- Assimilate and leverage the AWS shared security responsibility model
- Architect and build AWS application infrastructures that are protected against the most common security threats
- Protect data at rest and in transit with encryption
- Apply security checks and analyses in an automated and reproducible manner
- Configure authentication for resources and applications in the AWS Cloud
- Gain insight into events by capturing, monitoring, processing, and analyzing logs
- Identify and mitigate incoming threats against applications and data
- Perform security assessments to ensure that common vulnerabilities are patched and security best practices are applied
A full refund will be issued for class cancellations made at least 10 business days before the course begins. Payment is non‑refundable for cancellations or reschedules made within 10 business days from the course start date and for No‑Shows (students who do not attend class).
For reschedules made within 10 business days from the course start date, students must reschedule immediately for a current, published course, up to a maximum of six months from the original date.
A student may reschedule a class or exam up to 2 times. Any additional reschedules will not be allowed.