Tableau Visual Analytics Essentials
This Tableau training workshop gets you up and running with core data and reporting functions. For users familiar with Tableau.
This course teaches students how to: leverage Tableau to develop and hone their visual analytic skills, engage in active planning for elegant visual design, implement dashboards that reflect best practices, answer data questions, and communicate answers to their intended audience. Students are invited to bring three examples of visualizations you’ve created in the past. These examples don’t have to be complex, just something you’ve used or presented. Any format (.twbx, .twb, image) is fine.
NOTE: The Tableau Training Series is independent-format training that can be tuned and adjusted to best meet your needs. Our materials are flexible, comprehensive, and are always instructed by a senior instructor with a deep understanding of Tableau and its most current features, benefits and functionality in a wide array of uses. This is not Official Tableau Training.
Available formats for this course
Duration2 days/16 hours of instruction
Public Classroom Pricing
Starting at: $1595(USD)
GSA Price: $1195
Group Rate: $1495
Get the full details on this course. Download the .PDF Brochure below:
Part 1: Introducing Visual Analytics
- What is visual analytics?
- Strengths and weaknesses of the human visual system
Part 2: Laying the Groundwork for Visual Analysis
- The analytical process
- Preparing for analysis
Part 3: Visual Mapping Techniques
- Working with human perceptual and cognitive processes
- Encoding data into visual form
- Working with color
Part 4: Solving Real-World Problems
- Getting a feel for your data
- Time series analysis
- Comparing categories and measures
Part 5: Communicating Your Findings
- Fine-tuning for more effective visualization
- Storytelling and guided analytics
This Intermediate-level course is designed for an experienced Tableau user who wants to learn more about best practices in visual analytics. The Visual Analytics course helps experienced Tableau users connect the science of data visualization to the principles of visual best practices. This course uses Tableau to develop and discuss visualizations but does not include instruction on how to use Tableau products—we expect that you already know how to navigate and use Tableau.
Know before you attend: Attending students should have basic Tableau user skills and some experience already using Tableau.
- Describe the history, theory, and science behind data visualization, and how all this is built into Tableau’s DNA.
- Engage in the data analysis process, from planning your line of questioning to review and communication of your findings.
- Leverage basic principles of human visual perception and cognition in your chart design.
- Critique charts and dashboards and offer suggestions for improvement.