COURSE DESCRIPTIONIn this course, attendees will learn the basics of JIRA and JIRA Agile fundamentals, as well as searching and filters. Attendees will learn how to use JIRA to improve and manage their work. The JIRA Jump Start course covers important concepts through lecture and hands-on exercises to help attendees best use JIRA. The course will go over basic navigation of JIRA, what issue types are available, how to create, edit and transition an issue, saving, editing, and managing searches and filters, as well as creating an Agile board, planning a sprint, managing, working and reporting. Through this course, attendees will develop a thorough understanding of the key JIRA concepts and skills. This course is for anyone who wants to learn about the basics of JIRA, and how they can use the different aspects.
Duration3 Hours – Self-paced
- Understand JIRA Fundamentals: Knowing and navigating JIRA: what are the available issue types, and how to create and edit an issue.
- Use searching and filters: Be able to find your issues in JIRA, use the basic and advanced searches, use both list and detail view, saving, create, save, edit, and share filters.
- Using JIRA Agile: Be able to use JIRA Agile to support an Agile team, use Agile boards to manage work, and know how to plan a sprint.
High Level Topics
- What is JIRA?
- JIRA and JIRA AGILE navigation
- Managing stories/issues, searching for data, and creating filters
- Creating an Agile board to manage work
- Planning a sprint