SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager Certification (POPM)
Certification WebsiteLearn More
The first step toward becoming a Certified SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager is to attend the SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager course. This is a requirement, because attending the course provides access to all the study materials and the exam. Note that attending the course does not guarantee passing the exam.
Certification Cost is Included with Course Tuition
$100 Annual Renewal Fee
- Exam name – SAFe® 5 Product Owner/Product Manager Exam
- Exam format – Multiple choice (one answer) or multiple select (2-3 answers)
- New for POPM 5.1: As part of our relentless improvement to evolve our exams and provide optimal candidate experience while maintaining testing integrity and rigor, the number of answer options has been reduced. For single select questions, we have moved from four options to three. For multiple select questions, we have moved to five or four options.
- Exam delivery – Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access – Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager course.
- Exam duration – Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam.
- Number of questions – 45
- Passing score – 33 out of 45 (73%)
- Language – English
- Exam cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Retake policy – Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.