SAFe Release Train Engineer Certification (RTE)
Certification WebsiteLearn More
Exam prerequisite skills
- Cross-team communication skills
- Full use of SAFe Principles in action
- Coach Agile and SAFe facilitation and lead by example
- Launch or participate in at least one ART and one Program Increment (PI)
- Working knowledge of team dynamics
- Ability to manage stakeholders
- Minimum 3 months of real-world, hands-on experience as an RTE
The first step toward becoming a Certified SAFe® Release Train Engineer is to attend the SAFe® Release Train Engineer course. This is a requirement, because attending the course provides access to all the study materials and the exam. Note that attending the course does not guarantee passing the exam
Certification Cost is Included with Course Tuition
$295 Annual Renewal Fee
- Exam name – SAFe® 4 Release Train Engineer Exam – or –
SAFe® 5 Release Train Engineer Exam
- Exam format – Multiple choice, multiple response
- Exam delivery – Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access – Candidates can access to the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of your SAFe® Release Train Engineer course .
- Exam duration – Once the exam begins, candidates have 120 minutes (2 hours) to complete the exam.
- Number of questions – 60
- Passing score – RTE4 exam = 44 out of 60 (73%) – RTE5 exam = 45 out of 60 (75%)
- Language – English
- Exam cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Retake policy – Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.