Certified SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM)
Learn how the roles of Product Manager, Product Owner, Solution Manager, and Epic Owner drive the delivery of value in the SAFe enterprise.
In this two-day course, you will get an overview of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®), the Lean-Agile mindset, and an understanding of how the Product Manager and Product Owner roles operate in the enterprise to drive the delivery of value. You will get an in-depth understanding of the specific activities, tools, and mechanics used to effectively deliver value to the enterprise. This POPM Certification training course will fully prepare you to pass the exam to earn your POPM certification from Scaled Agile.
By the end of this course, you should be able to write Epics, Capabilities, Features, and User Stories within the context of SAFe, and have a solid foundation for managing backlogs and programs in a Lean-Agile enterprise.
Cprime is proud to be a Gold SPCT and Platform Level partner with Scaled Agile, the exclusive certifying body for the Scaled Agile Framework. Attending this class and passing the qualifying exam will earn you the SAFe Project Owner, Project Manager (POPM) certification.
Available formats for this course
Duration2 days/16 hours of instruction
4 Leadership PDUs
4 Strategy PDUs
6 Technical PDUs
6 ACP PDUs
6 PBA PDUs
Public Classroom Pricing
Starting at: $995(USD)
GSA Price: $726.35
Group Rate: $895
Get the full details on this course. Download the .PDF Brochure below:
- Applying SAFe in the Lean enterprise
- Relating a Lean-Agile Mindset to the Product Owner and Product Manager roles
- Collaborating with Lean Portfolio Management
- Continuously explore customer needs
- Executing the Program Increment
- Defining the Product Owner/Product Manager roles and responsibilities
- Creating a Product Owner/Product Manager action plan
Professionals who benefit from this course include:
- Product Managers
- Product Line Managers
- Product Owners
- Business Owners
- Business Analysts
- Solution Managers
- Portfolio Managers
- Program Managers
- PMO personnel
- Process Leads
- Enterprise, Solution, and System Architects
- Identify the major components of the Scaled Agile Framework
- Connect the Scaled Agile Framework to core Lean-Agile principles and values
- Identify key roles and responsibilities within a SAFe implementation
- Contribute to Portfolio content using epics and the Portfolio kanban
- Apply Value Stream strategies to define and manage solution value
- Engage in Product Manager strategies
- Operate as a SAFe Product Owner
- Develop a stakeholder engagement plan
- Build and grow communities of practice
- Prepare for the exam to earn your POPM Certification
- Exam name – SAFe® 5 Product Owner/Product Manager Exam
- Exam format – Multiple choice , multiple response
- Exam delivery – Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access – Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager course.
- Exam duration – Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam.
- Number of questions – 45
- Passing score – 33 out of 45 (73%)
- Language – English
- Exam cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Retake policy – Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.