Cprime Private Training
The Art of Product Management: Being the CEO of your product
This one-day course immerses students in the art of Product Management. Via hands-on activities and real-life stories, this course demonstrates how to connect the dots between vision, strategy, roadmap, and delivery. Instructors share success, failures, and practices they have used to enhance their strategic effectiveness while fueling agility from the product manager’s seat at the table.
It all begins with product strategy and solving real market problems. From there we’ll outline the big-picture of being a product manager, so students can relate to the mindset and activities required to be the “CEO of your product.” Traditional product management (or agile product owner) training typically focuses on refining and executing against a backlog, but where does the backlog come from? How do you align product strategies and roadmaps with corporate strategies and drive execution from the highest to the lowest levels of the organization? By the end of this course, you’ll know the answers to these questions.
You’ll leave with an understanding of how to connect the dots between vision, strategy, roadmap, and delivery as well as more appreciation for the role of the Product Manager.
- Align product strategy to corporate strategy
- Develop roadmaps and use them to fuel continuous product learning
- Compete in competitive markets and identify opportunities for differentiation
- Maximize inter-departmental interactions and communication to learn and gain alignment
- Conduct market research, capture market problems, and understand the pitfalls of only listening to customers
- Create “go to market” strategies that increase awareness and adoption
- Monitor the value of the product/business line and establish the right KPIs