GitLab SysAdmin Fundamentals
This class teaches GitLab for operations – admin skills, configuration, and maintaining your own GitLab instance as part of the larger IT environment.
The course is customized for your specific deployment of GitLab. It covers basic installation, configuration, and maintenance tasks for a GitLab self-managed instance. This course is not intended for gitlab.com customers.
GitLab System Administration Basic Training covers some features that are available in all three GitLab pricing tiers (Free, Premium, and Ultimate), some features that are only available in Premium and Ultimate, and a small number of features that are only available in Ultimate.
Duration1 day/8 hours of instruction
Public Classroom Pricing
Starting at: $795(USD)
GSA Price: $685
Group Rate: $695
Private Group Pricing
Have a group of 5 or more students? Request special pricing for private group training today.
Part 1: System Administration Overview
- GitLab Application Architecture Overview
- GitLab Omnibus Installation
- GitLab Admin Panel
- Administration Commands
Part 2: System Administration Installation Basics
- Installing and Configuring Runners
- Configuring System Hooks
- Configuring Security Settings
- Interpreting Usage Statistics
- Basic Security Default Settings
Part 3: System Administration Configuration
- Configuring Backup and Restore
- Updating GitLab Instances
- Adding and Updating Users
- Configuring and Updating CI Settings
- Optional Integrations
Attendees should already be familiar at a basic knowledge level with the following concepts:
- GitLab Certified Associate certification or equivalent knowledge
Professionals who would benefit from this training include:
- Tier 1 system administrators who serve as the GitLab platform owners for their organization, and who are responsible for the initial set up and updating of a GitLab self-managed instance.
- Install GitLab
- Configure basic settings
- Add and remove users and adjust settings
- View and track user permission levels and changes made to these
- Manage user access via integrations with external authentication and authorization providers
- Configure and test optional settings and integrations
- Perform backups, restores, and upgrades