SAFe Agile Software Engineering (ASE)
The discipline of software engineering has evolved over the past decades with the introduction of Lean-Agile and DevOps principles and practices. New skills and approaches help organizations deliver software-centric solutions faster, more predictably, and with higher quality. During this three-day, workshop-oriented course, attendees learn the foundational principles and practices that make up the Agile Software Engineering discipline.
Attendees will learn how continuous flow of value delivery and building quality in are enabled by modern practices including XP technical practices, Behavioral-Driven Development (BDD), and Test-Driven Development (TDD). Attendees will learn proven practices to detail, model, design, implement, verify, and validate stories in a SAFe Continuous Delivery Pipeline. They will know the practices that build quality into code (abstraction, encapsulation, intentional programming) and designs (SOLID, Design patterns). Attendees will also understand how Software Engineering fits into the larger solution context and their role in collaborating on intentional architecture and DevOps.
*Cprime is proud to be a Gold SPCT and Platform Level partner with Scaled Agile, the exclusive certifying body for the Scaled Agile Framework. Attending this class and passing the qualifying exam will earn you the SAFe Agile Software Engineer (ASE) certification.
Available formats for this course
Duration3 days/24 hours of instruction
12 ACP PDUs
4 PBA PDUs
Get the full details on this course Download the .PDF Brochure
Part 1: Introduction to Agile Software Engineering
Part 2: Connecting Principles, and Practices to Built-In Quality
Part 3: Accelerating Flow
Part 4: Applying Intentional Architecture
Part 5: Thinking Test-First
Part 6: Discovering Story Details
Part 7: Creating a Shared Understanding with Behavior-Driven Development (BDD)
Part 8: Communicating with Models
Part 9: Building Systems with Code Quality
Part 10: Building Systems with Design Quality
Part 11: Implementing with Quality
This course targets the technical members of an Agile Team – developers and testers. Product Owners, Scrum Master, Managers, and others with a less technical background would also be very beneficial as they would gain an understanding of the development process so that team collaboration will become more effective.
- Exam name – SAFe® 4 Agile Software Engineer Exam – or – SAFe® 5 Agile Software Engineer Exam
- Exam format – Multiple choice; Multiple select
- Exam delivery – Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access – Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe® 5 Agile Software Engineering course
- Exam duration – Once the exam begins, candidates have 120 minutes (2.0 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of questions – 60
- Passing score – 42 out of 60 (70%)
- Language – English
- Retake policy – Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.