SAFe Advanced Scrum Master Certification (SASM)
Certification WebsiteLearn More
The first step toward becoming a Certified SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master is to attend the SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master course. This is a requirement, because attending the course provides access to all the study materials and the exam. Note that attending the course does not guarantee passing the exam.
Certification Cost is Included with Course Tuition
$195 Annual Renewal Fee
- Exam name – SAFe® 5 Advanced Scrum Master Exam
- Exam format – Multiple choice (one answer) or multiple select (2-3 answers)
- Exam delivery – Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access – Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master course
- Exam duration – Once the exam begins, candidates have 120 minutes (2 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of questions – 60
- Passing score – SASM 5 = 44 out of 60 (73%)
- Language – English
- Exam cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Retake policy – Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.