Applying Professional Kanban (APK)
Gain an in-depth introduction to improving your team’s effectiveness by applying Kanban flow principles
Kanban is fast becoming the modern way to manage an organization’s delivery of customer value. In today’s always-on environment, you need a clear set of practices that do not get in the way. Applying Professional Kanban will:
- Generate a shared understanding of your work
- Give you focus
- Save you time
- Answer the question, “How long will this take?”
The Applying Professional Kanban (APK) course will give you an in-depth introduction to improving your team’s effectiveness by applying Kanban flow principles.
During the class, you will learn the basic principles of flow and how to use them to make your team process more efficient, predictable, and effective. With an emphasis on the practical application of concepts, this course includes many hands-on exercises that will lead you through the steps of setting up and operating a Kanban system for continuous value delivery and improvement.
Duration2 days/16 hours of instruction
Public Classroom Pricing
Starting at: $1695(USD)
GSA Price: $1585
Group Rate: $1595
Private Group Pricing
Have a group of 5 or more students? Request special pricing for private group training today.
- Kanban in your workplace
- Dispelling Kanban Myths
- The WiP Game (TWiG) Kanban Simulation Round 1
- Exploring Kanban
- Visualization Elements and Techniques
- Elements of Workflow
- Core Flow Metrics
- Cycle time Scatterplots and Service Level Expectation
- Little's Law and Flow Metrics
- Actively Managing Flow
- The WiP Game (TWiG) Kanban Simulation Round 2
- The Implications of Kanban and Flow Thinking
- Designing a Kanban Board
- Work Item Design
- Operating a Kanban System
- Applying Professional Kanban
The Applying Professional Kanban course is for anyone who wants to improve their ability to deliver value and be more effective. Typical attendee roles include:
- Business Analysts
- Agile Coaches
- Scrum Masters
- Product Owners
- Product Managers
- Project Managers
- Team Leads
- Team Members
- Explain the basic principles of flow.
- Describe the value of Limiting WiP.
- Create a visual board to manage your work.
- Capture and interpret key flow metrics and analytics to find improvement opportunities.
- Explain why flow should be focused on value delivery
- Define, build, operate and continuously improve a Kanban system.
- Discuss how tooling impacts your implementation.
- Passing score: 85%
- Time limit: 60 minutes
- Number of Questions: 80
- Language: English, Assessment can be taken using Google Translate Plug-in