Introduction to Product Management
Unlike traditional Product Management 101 courses that teach merely process mechanics, this course takes you into the journey of a newly appointed Product Manager/Owner and helps them understand expectations.
This course helps to answer questions like:
- What is the difference between a Project and Product?
- What is expected of me as a Product Manager/Owner?
- How is this different from what I did in my previous role?
The course not only answers the above questions but also brings forward skill sets from a previous role. Students are challenged to think in terms of What is My Product and to communicate Why It Is Important. This course can be customized to fit what the client and the employees need based on the reality of their environment.
Note: When taken live-online, this class is delivered in two half-day sessions.
Duration1 day/8 hours of instruction
Public Classroom Pricing
GSA Price: $685
Group Rate: $695
Private Group Pricing
Have a group of 5 or more students? Request special pricing for private group training today.
The session combines presentation and interactive conversations to provide value post-class to the participants. Below is an example of an agenda, but can be customized to fit the needs of the client.
Part 1: Understanding Project vs Product
- Funding Models
- Approval Models
Part 2: Understanding the 3-legged stool
- What is it?
- Why is it important?
Part 3: Understanding the role of a Product Manager
- Where do I fit in?
- Key Responsibilities
- Patterns and Anti-Patterns
Part 4: How can I bring skill sets from my previous role?
- Business Analyst
- Project Manager
- Team Lead
Part 5: Understanding your Product
- You need to be able to answer these questions and explain why you care:
- What am I building?
- Why am I building it?
- Who am I building it for?
- How will I know it is successful?
- Creating your strategy
- Communicating about your Product
- Feedback Loops
- Sustaining your product
- This course is for anyone who is new to the role of Product Manager or wants to upskill as an existing Product Manager.
- Gain a methodology-agnostic understanding of the basics of iterative product management as it pertains to the employee
- Learn product values and guidelines
- Understand the learned skill sets of the past and bring them into this new journey
- Equip a newly minted Product Manager with tools of understanding their product
- Learn how each role plays an important part in the success of their product