Splunk Boot Camp
Start making better decisions with meaningful data in this exercise-intensive Splunk training course.
Splunk is one of the first platforms to help make sense of log data. Splunk is not just a tool for IT Ops. It’s a tool for developers. In fact, it’s a tool for everyone who’s interested in using the power of data. There are a lot of use cases for Splunk, but first, you need to learn what it’s capable of and how to get the most of it.
If you have concerns about security and compliance, don’t worry. You can still be compliant while making life easier with Splunk. You’ll just need to give everyone visibility on what’s happening with your applications in real-time or for analysis purposes. And yes—you can do all of this without giving people access to the servers.
This two-day boot camp is designed to empower a wide range of technology workers with the knowledge and skills needed to take full advantage of Splunk. This Splunk training course is exercise-intensive and is for individuals looking to develop a deeper understanding of the tool. Our continuous hands-on lab classroom format and real-world practice scenarios cement your new skills with Splunk’s various applications and leave you prepared to properly collect, analyze, and utilize your machine data.
Available formats for this course
Duration2 days/16 hours of instruction
Starting at: $1595
GSA Price: $1485
Group Rate: $1495
Get the full details on this course. Download the .PDF Brochure below:
*All lab exercises are run in a Linux environment. A Windows environment can be provided upon request.
Part 1: Introduction to Splunk
- What’s Splunk?
- Authentication Methods
- Access Controls & Users
- Products, Licensing, and Costs
- Quick Tour Guide: User Interface
- Exercise: Lab Environment and Configuration
Part 2: Indexes
- Splunk Data
- What are Indexes?
- What are Indexers?
- Exercise: Create Your First Index
- Index Clusters
- Index Pipeline
- Exercise: Upload Data Manually
- Fields & Field Extraction
- Exercise: Using the Field Extractor Tool
- Exercise: Using the Forwarder to Send Data
- Removing Data
Part 3: Splunk Architecture
- Components of Splunk Deployments
- Deployment Scenarios
Part 4: Search Processing Language
- What is Search Processing Language (SPL)?
- Searching Operators
- Search Commands
- Search Pipeline
- Exercise: Search Examples
- Commonly Used Search Commands
- Exercise: Search Examples II
- Exercise: Using Lookups
- Optimize Searches
- Exercise: Search Examples III
Part 5: Dashboard & Visualizations
- Dashboards in Splunk
- Creating Dashboards
- Visualization Types
- Search as Reports
- Exercise: Creating a Dashboard
- Exercise: Add Input Forms
- Exercise: Drilldown
Part 6: Alerts
- Creating Alerts
- Scheduling Alerts
- Alerts Notifications
- Exercise: Creating Alerts
Part 7: Scheduled Reports
- Creating Scheduled Reports
- Exercise: Create a Scheduled Report
Part 8: Putting All Pieces Together
Exercise: As a final lab, you’ll configure a typical scenario when using Splunk. You'll install and configure an NGINX, then the Splunk forwarder to collect logs in Splunk. The idea is that you can apply everything you've learned within the Bootcamp: creating searches, visualizations, dashboards, etc.
This Splunk training course is exercise-intensive and is designed for individuals looking to develop a deeper understanding of the tool. students should come prepared with some knowledge of Splunk itself, as this will be a deeper dive into the tool.
Professionals who may benefit include:
- Testers and QA teams
- Release engineers
- IT operations staff
- DevOps practitioners
- DBAs and data engineering teams
- Security Managers
- Security Administrators
- Senior Business Intelligence Architects and Consultants
- Senior Business Analysts
- Anyone responsible for implementing BI
- Create Your First Index
- Upload Data Manually
- Use the Forwarder to Send Data
- Search in Splunk using the Search Processing Language (SPL)
- Create a Dashboard
- Create Alerts
- Create a Scheduled Report