Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner (A-CSPO) Workshop
Learn techniques and next-level product ownership skills from a senior Scrum Alliance trainer.
Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner (A-CSPO) is an in-depth, two-day immersion into the world of the Product Owner role on scrum teams as outlined by the Scrum Alliance. The class explores Agile Facilitation and Agile Coaching and how the Product Owner uses these skills to support the team, the ScrumMaster, and the organization.
The class is full of real-world examples with practical tools and techniques that can be implemented immediately at your workplace. It is a deep dive into your role, and you will learn about managing stakeholders, creating and grooming the Product Backlog, and the emerging detail with Product Backlog Items. You will participate in exercises, in-depth discussion, case studies, and techniques to help illustrate practices and principles.
Available formats for this course
Duration2 days/16 hours of instruction
4 Leadership PDUs
4 Strategy PDUs
6 Technical PDUs
Public Classroom Pricing
Starting at: $995(USD)
Group Rate: $895
Part 1: Product Owner Core Competencies
Part 2: Examining the Product Owner Role
- Mindset of the successful Product Owner
- Techniques to interact with Stakeholders over multiple Sprints
- Open discussion and listening methods with stakeholders
- How to facilitate final decisions
Part 3: Working with the Development Team
- Why the Product Owner should be cautious of accumulating technical debt.
- Technical practices to help Scrum Teams create a better product
- Increment and reduce technical debt each Sprint.
Part 4: Product Ownership with Multiple Teams
- Recognize how to effectively scale Scrum
- Visualize, manage, and reduce dependencies
Part 5: Advanced Purpose and Strategy
- Developing Practical Product Strategies
Part 6: Empathizing with Customers and Users
- Customer Research and Product Discovery
Part 7: Advanced Product Assumption Validation
Part 8: Advanced Techniques for Working with the Product Backlog
- Differentiating Outcome and Output
- Defining Value
- Ordering Items
- Individuals who have been in the ScrumMaster role for at least 12 months
- IT Leadership (Managers/Directors/VPs/CIOs/CTOs)
- Project Managers/Business Analysts
Please note: This course has an Attendance and Virtual Camera Requirement
- Attendance is required throughout the duration of this course. Instructors will verify each student's attendance and participation to ensure course completion.
- Webcam usage is required by all students
- Explain Agile and Lean Values and Principles, so that you can better appreciate Scrum
- Understand Agile Facilitation, so that you can better support your team
- Understand Agile Coaching, so that you can coach your Team, Product Owner and Organization
- Explore self-organization, so that you can support your Development Team in becoming Self Organized
- Explore team dynamics, so that you can help your team work together better
- Explore Definition of Done, so that you facilitate your team creating one