Here is a quick overview of our approach for implementing SAFe in Jira. Cprime’s Jira…
In the first webinar of the “Rethinking BPMN” series, we talked about what GOOD Process Models are.
In the second webinar, we talked about a good PROCESS to model GOOD BPMN Processes.
In this webinar/whitepaper, the third in this series, we will talk about how to address the Spaghetti process models problem (unnecessarily complicated process models, due to the fact that they try to capture complex decisions using solely BPMN). We will see how to simplify such process models (using the Business Rule task in BPMN), without losing the ability to model complex decisions (using DMN). As before, we will analyze several examples to demonstrate theoretical concepts.
Topics/examples covered in this webinar:
- Why is process modeling (even when using BPMN) not the best way to model complex business rules/decisions? Introduce/analyze a Spaghetti process model.
- What is the Decision Model and Notation (DMN) standard and why was it created?
- What is the difference between Decision Requirements and Decision Logic? How do you model them (Requirements and Logic) in DMN?
- Why is modeling Decisions in DMN a better option (than in BPMN)?
- What is a Business Rule Task and why was it created?
- How do we combine BPMN and DMN to simplify process models/modeling and to achieve more precise and clear decision models?
- Lessons-learned: How can you apply all this information?
Presenter: Razvan Radulian
Some of the images used were designed by freepik.com